Established in 1966 and formerly known as Nelson County Vocational School, NCATC is a secondary educational institution which serves all interested Nelson County residents. Our mission is to develop a versatile individual by providing technical education and skills training in a safe environment.
NCATC offers the following program areas: Computer Aided Drafting, Wood Manufacturing, Information Technology, Health Sciences, Heating and Air and Electrical Technology, Welding, Carpentry, and Automotive Technology.
With high expectations and strong partnerships, Kentucky Tech will actively engage all students in the mastery of academic and technical skills needed to be ready for college and a career.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Students learn best when our staff maintains high expectations for learning.
- Students are motivated to learn when classroom instruction is related to real-world applications.
- All students in our school need to have an equal opportunity to learn.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Students learn best when instruction incorporates both academic and technical skills.
- Effective school leaders engage in practices that support the ongoing improvement of teaching and student performance.
- Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for helping students learn.